Subjective:The patient was referred to our office for surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion for correction of transverse maxillary constriction with bilateral posterior crossbite.
Objective:Medical history revealed a 20 y.o. married white female with no known drug allergies or serious illnesses. Family history, social history, and review of systems were noncontributory. Medications included birth control pills. Oral examination revealed tooth # 1 to be a soft tissue impaction. Teeth #'s 17 and 32 were in infraocclusion. Tooth # 11 was in buccal version being blocked out by #'s 10 and 12. A bilateral posterior crossbite was present.
- Transverse Maxillary Constriction
- Bilateral Posterior Crossbite
- Class I Malocclusion on Right
- Class II Malocclusion on Left
- Missing Teeth # 3,16,18,19,20, and 31
- Dental Caries
- s/p Root Canal Therapy # 7
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion (distraction osteogenesis)
Note pedicle flaps
to anterior teeth.
Right Le Fort I
Left Le Fort I
Expansion at time
of surgery 1.5 mm
Post operative radiographs 8/21/98.
with 7 mm diastema.
Patient treated by:
- Dr. Steven R. Tucker Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dr. Carol McCraw Orthodontist
Steven R. Tucker DMD, PSC Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 909 Scherm Road Owensboro, KY 42301 phone: 1-502-926-4107 fax: 1-502-926-4166 url: http://www.srt-psc.com
Last Modified: September 30, 1998