Subjective:The patient is a 75 y.o. female involved in a motor vehicle accident when she had a blow-out of the left front tire. The patient was not wearing a seat belt.
Objective:Medical history revealed the patient to be allergic to tetracycline. Operations included a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, appendectomy, cholecystectomy, and a total abdominal hysterectomy. Serious illnesses include adult onset diabetes, osteoporosis, and degenerative joint disease. Examination revealed infraorbital and paranasal ecchymosis. The patient was noted to be edentulous, with maxillary and mandibular alveolar ridge atrophy. Bilateral lingual ecchymosis was noted on the lateral aspect of the tongue. Fracture mobility was noted in the right and left mandibular body regions. Facial contusions and abrasions were present.
- Right Mandibular Body Fracture
- Left Mandibular Body Fracture
- Maxillary and Mandibular Alveolar Ridge Atrophy
- Facial Abrasions and Contusions
Plan / Treatment:
- Closed Reductions of Mandibular Fractures via External Pin Fixation Appliance (Biphase)
Patient treated by:
- Dr. Steven R. Tucker Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Steven R. Tucker DMD, PSC Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 909 Scherm Road Owensboro, KY 42301 phone: 1-270-926-4107 fax: 1-270-926-4166 url: www.srt-psc.com
Last Modified :March 1, 2001